Tuesday, October 9, 2007

everyone tries to be a poet somtimes...even dreamers

This is something I wrote over the summer. Well, I wrote like 3 poems over the summer, but this is the most personal one. I'll show you the other two in other posts, but this is just a little somethin' somethin' of one God given talent i have :). Enjoy (or hate, it's whatever!)

It's kind of funny when you stand face to face

sometimes it just flows through you like water.
like when a streak of light beams through
a window just cleaned with windex.
what flows through me? unconditional love
for you, you, you, and you.
yes, for you, my dear friend.

because you've hurt me, and i've hurt you.
for the growth, the strength,
the courage, the one smile
we push each other to grasp;
for that, it flows through me.
it's so easy to do.

and it's kind of funny
when we stand face to face.
you, me, no, wait.
you, the space between, and me (there you go).
for a fleeting second, there is a synchronicity,
like two things meant to be, and yet
two perfect contradictions.

"Just wanna be cool with you again."
It's like Jeniffer Love Hewitt knew me inside and out,
yet in reality, she doesn't even know i exist.
and this is where it began,
when we met for what seemed like the very first time,
that the so surprising flow came about

even though i hurt you, and you hurt me.
because a song expressed, descirbed, portayed
my true feelings better than i ever could,
i had to be mature; i had to be there for you.
for that, it flowed right through me.
it was so easy to do.

unfinished business, so little time,
unspoken minds were standing by,
but, dear friend, when we stood
face to face, it was kind of funny.
you were you, and i was me.
that day, things ended where it began;

the smiles were contagious.
the laughs were hearty, too.
all i could see were your shining eyes
piercing through me, myself, and i.
like a reunion long overdue,
i missed that look, dear friend.

yes, you hurt me, and i hurt you.
but there was nothing left to do,
except be what i promised to be.
with outstretched hands you sought for help.
deep inside, the core of my very being,
it overflowed--that unconditional love
for you, you, you, and you.

oh, i know it has been awhile
since we exchanged words.
anger and misunderstanding made us silent,
but that part of our past seems like a joke.
and when we stand face to face,
it's kind of funny now, isn't it?

1 comment:

Em said...

i remember thisss!